Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Baviphat California Scandal Lip Primer

Now lip primers are something where I own a few like Too Face and OCC Lip Primer. Both never really worked very well. Also they are super expensive and for the money you should get some longevity with your lippie. Now here comes along Baviphat and their California Scandal Lip Primer where you get 15grams!!!!!! for around 7$. Now this is an awesome price so today I am testing this lip primer to see if it really works.

First let's take a look at this adorable product.







I love the Pinup girl! For once a primer that isn't in a tube and you apply like you would lip balm. You also get 15grams of product I just had to say that again:) Let's look at the primer itself and I will comment on application,feel,etc,.




It is pink but shows up clear on your lips. The texture is silky smooth and it makes your lips into a smooth canvass to apply your lip colour. I know with tins people will think that it can get germy. Just wash your hands before you apply or I just use my lips and rub them against the balm. Here are my lips with the primer on. As you can see you can't tell I'm wearing primer;)




My lips already have a pink hue to them but it does go on invisible! Also I let it sit a few minutes before I apply so it absorbs and my lips are ready for colour. Your lips feel silky smooth and it has no taste or weird smell. This helps to fill in lines and wrinkles it also smoothes out rough spots. I like to use ELF's Lip Exfoliator before for extra smoothness especially with really bright or, deeply pigmented colours. It also contains Ricinus Communis Oil or Castor Oil that helps protect your lips from chapping or flaking! So this is perfect for those really drying lip sticks you might have. 

Here is the colour I chose to test this with I picked a very drying Matte that I adore from Illamasqua. It's called Box named after there lovely head artist and my personal favorite Professional Makeup Artist Emma box.<3



I have worn this for a little over 2 hours and through eating and drinking the fade was very even as you will see. Also my lips still feel hydrated and the colour did not settle into my lip lines.



As you can see there was a little bit of feathering but this is a very finicky red. Usually when I wear this colour I use ELF's Lock and Seal to ensure that it doesn't do that. For a primer though I think it did an excellent job at holding this shade.

TheVerdict: It's super smooth and creamy and it really held on to my lipstick and this was a hard one to try for the review. More creamy colours and lighter ones will work very well with this primer. It kept my lips hydrated and they didn't feel dry you know the kind where you can't wait to put lip balm on your lips. No flaking or patchy colour either. I really like this primer and recommend it.
What's your favorite primer? Have you tried this one? What's your verdict? I'd luv to know until then my lovelies.:)

Peace,Love, and Makeup!
xoxo~Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment